There are seven events that can trigger RaiseDonors to initiate an integration to a CRM. Those are:
- A new donation
- A new note in a donor account
- Updating donor information
- Modifying a recurring profile
- Terminating/suspending a recurring profile
- Refunding a donation
- Pull donation history for donor portal
RaiseDonors only supports two of these events with Virtuous, "New Donation" and "Pull donation history for donor portal". This means any new donation (one-time, new recurring, or instance of a recurring) will be sent to Virtuous. All other events are ignored.
Gifts to multiple funds
A donation in RaiseDonors must be attributed to a Fund. It's possible for a donation in RaiseDonors to be allocated across multiple funds. Here is how a page/campaign can be setup to support multiple funds.
It's important to understand that if a donation is attributed to multiple funds, then 1 gift with multiple designations will be created in Virtuous. In the example below, 1 gift will be created in Virtuous:
Gift #1 - $75
Designation #1 - $50
Designation #2 - $20
Designation #3 - $5
Gifts to a single fund
If a donation is only attributed to one fund, then only one gift will be created in Virtuous.
Here is the mapping of our integration showing how data from RaiseDonors flows into Virtuous.
Note, this is applicable to each fund in a donation. If a donation has multiple fund designations, then this mapping will be applied multiple times to send gifts to Virtuous.
Certain fields will remain the same in this situation and be pushed into Virtuous multiple times (ex: RaiseDonors.Donation.Id, DateCreated, SourceCode, Donor info, etc).
|RaiseDonors Data||Virtuous Data|
|"Once" or "Monthly" for recurring gifts||Transaction.Frequency|
|Simple or Verbose Notes (*)||Transaction.Notes|
|"Credit Card" or "ACH" depending upon gift type||Transaction.GiftType|
|empty value, not used||Transaction.ProjectId|
|empty value, not used||Transaction.Contact.Address.Address2|
|If Multiple Funds...|
(*) Simple notes tell you the following,
RaiseDonors Donation ID
Authorization # from gateway
And any comment that may be included with the donation.
Verbose notes tell you the following,
Everything in the simple notes
Payment type (cc / ach)
Google UTM codes
If premium, premium code and name
If media outlet included, media code
Regarding recurring donations that may or may not have an associated premium, the integration works as follows.
If the donation is a premium (meaning it has a SKU)
- if it's a one time donation, include the SKU information.
- if it's the first instance of a recurring donation, include the SKU information.
- if it's a second, third, etc (n+1) recurring donation, it does a check to see if there is a SKU for the "Recurring Product Code". If a SKU exists there, then the system includes the recurring product SKU/Code with the donation. If no Recurring product code SKU exists, then the donation is sent as a normal donation, with no premium/sku information.