When integrating with Your Cause, RaiseDonors must first use YC's API to look up the account and make a match. There is no functionality for RD to send the gift to YC and have YC perform the lookup. For this reason, RD goes thru a meticulous look up process to ensure any possible match can be made in YC.
To ensure the minimization of duplicate accounts being created in YC and also to ensure mismatches do not occur, RaiseDonors/YC recommend using the combination of the the Create new record and be notified option with the Duplicate Data handling feature in RaiseDonors along with the merge feature in YC to eliminate any duplicates that may come in via the integration.
Here is a summary of the logic RaiseDonors uses to ensure duplicates are not created in YC.
- RaiseDonors keeps a ‘foreign' key from OLOD. This enables us to always update the same record.
- RaiseDonors will look up the account at OLOD before sending the gift to ensure the foreign key is still active and not deleted.
- If the account we've been using has been deleted, merged, or made inactive, the system will do a fresh look up and store the new foreign key in our system.
- The logic to keep from creating duplicates RaiseDonors searches donors by these criteria in this order:
- Organization Name
- FName, LName, Email, Phone, Address
- LName, Email, Phone, Address
- FName, LName, Email, Address
- LName, Email, Address
- FName, LName, Email
- LName, Email
- FName, LName, Address
- LName, Address
- FName, LName
Note :: The ability to do "soft" matches in YourCause is not currently supported. If a donor's name is "Bob Smith" in RaiseDonors, but in YourCause the name is "Bobby Smith", a match will not be made. YourCause is aware of this and is working on an improvement.
- RaiseDonors creates a donor if no match is found. The YC/RaiseDonors integration does not support the ability to do "soft" matches against constituent records.
- If a donor's account information is updated, that information can be is sent to OLOD as long as the OLOD integration setting is set to "Overwrite Data". (In Account > Integrations > Orange Leap > Look for question: "If and existing match is found, Would you like RaiseDonors to update all account information @OLOD? Or leave account information @OLOD as is?")
- You can update donor information at any time from within RaiseDonors. All updates will be pushed to OLOD
- Donors may also update their information form within their donor portal. All updates will be pushed to OLOD.