In step 1, you allowed RaiseDonors to communicate with Authorize.net. Next, you need to tweak the integration to suite your specific needs. Please be sure to read each section to ensure you are maximizing all of the benefits between RaiseDonors and Authorize.net.
If you are wanting to offer recurring donations thru RaiseDonors, make sure your account at Authorize.net has the "Automated Recurring Billing" (ARB) feature enabled.
In most cases you can log into your Merchant Interface account at https://account.authorize.net/ and then go to Tools > Recurring Billing. If you (the merchant) haven't signed up for ARB yet, you will see a screen asking to accept the ARB terms of service. Accept the terms, and ARB will be active.
Once you have enabled ARB in Authorize.net, you need to tell RaiseDonors that ARB is enabled. You can do this by going to Account Settings,
and clicking on Payment Providers. From there, click on the appropriate Authorize.net merchant account and then on Recurring Donations.
You must complete this step if you desire to have recurring donations at Authorize.net appear inside RaiseDonors.
After you complete this step, when a recurring transaction at Authoriz.net is charged, it will notify RaiseDonors and you will see each iteration of the recurring transaction inside RaiseDonors.
Disable Email Notifications
By default, Authorize.net will send an ugly, "transaction" email to your donors with information about the charge. You want to disable this feature because RaiseDonors sends beautiful, responsive, donor friendly emails. To do so, please follow the instructions here.
If you wish for RaiseDonors to require the 3 or 4 digit security code (CVV), you can configure RaiseDonors to always require the CVV code. From the Merchant Account tab, check the box for CVV required.
To learn more about CVV and how your Authorize.net account works with CVV, click here.
In RaiseDonors, you can enable or disable the acceptance of American Express. In the Merchant Account tab of RaiseDonors, there is a check box, to enable or disable Amex. Whether or not you accept Amex is up to you and what settings you have enabled in Authorize.net. Click here to learn how you can enable Amex in your Authorize.net account.
RaiseDonors sometimes needs to query your data @Authorize.net. In order to do so, the Transaction Details API must be enabled. Here is how you can do this,
1) Log on to the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net .
2) Select Settings under Account in the main menu on the left.
3) Click the Transaction Details API link in the Security Settings section. The Transaction Details API screen opens.
4) If you have not already enabled the Transaction Details API, enter the answer to your Secret Question, then click Enable Transaction Details API.
5) When you have successfully enabled the Transaction Details API, the Settings page displays.
1) Go to your Authorize.net account
2) Go to Account - Settings - Payment Form - Form Fields
3) We recommend unchecking everything that says "required". If you must keep any entry as required, ensure that field is also designated as required in RaiseDonors. Otherwise your donors will get required field errors from Authorize.net when attempting to donate.
RaiseDonors can offer your donors a payment wallet. To enable this feature you need to review settings in Authoriz.net and in RaiseDonors. Here is how you can do this,
Ensure the Authorize.net Customer Information Manager (CIM) module is enabled by following the step by step instructions here.
RaiseDonors can offer your donors the ability to pay via ACH. To enable this feature, you need to verify your Authorize.net account has been setup to enable ACH features in Authorize.net. You can sign up and/or verify your feature by logging into Auth.net and going to Home -> Account -> Merchant Profile (left navigation). Screen shot showing settings here.
Step 2 is now complete!