Response Reason Code: 123
Response Reason Text: This account has not been given the permissions required for this request.
Notes: The transaction request must include the API login ID associated with the payment gateway account.
This error indicates that a user's personal Login ID is being used to connect a website or billing software to the payment gateway. Personal login IDs may not be used to connect websites to Authorize.Net, for security reasons. For example, if an Account Owner, Account Administrator, Transaction Manager, or Account Analyst login ID is used for website or software implementation, this error will occur.
To resolve this issue, the API Login ID and Transaction Key will need to be generated and added to your software's configuration, so that the website or software may connect to Authorize.Net properly. The API Login ID can be obtained by following these steps:
1) Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
2) Click Account in the top menu.
3) Click API Credentials and Keys under Security Settings.
4) Copy the API Login ID into RaiseDonors. DO NOT use the username you used to log into Authorize.net. The API Login ID can only be located from the "API Credentials and Keys" area of Authorize.net. (See screen shot #1 below)
5) If you haven't previously generated the Transaction key, you'll need to generate a new Transaction Key. To do so, you need to supply your answer to the secret question. Once the Transaction key has been generated, you can copy the key into RaiseDOnors. (see screen shot #2 below)
Optionally, if you use other software connected to Authorize.net, you may wish to save the Transaction key in a safe and secure place. Once you leave the screen that generated the Transaction key, you cannot view the key again. It's a one-time display value only. So keep a copy if you need it in other systems.