When enabled, this feature will capture the media attribution your donor has selected when placing his/her donation. To get started, you'll need to contact your sales representative @RaiseDonors to have this feature enabled.
Once enabled, here are the steps you need to take to have your media data uploaded into RaiseDonors.
You can use any data source you like, but ultimately, you'll be uploading a .csv to RaiseDonors. (We've attached an example file to this KB article below) This CSV must have the following columns of information (note, the headings do not have to be this name, you just need to ensure this data is present in your file).
- Name: The name of the media outlet
- Value: The value that will be saved in RaiseDonors with the donation. This can be the same as the Name or it can be a different value.
- Zip Codes: A comma separated list of zip codes that the media outlet reaches. You are welcome to provide as many zips as needed. Or you can leave this field empty if you wish for all stations to always show.
- Sort Order: Allows you to determine how the media outlets are sorted. You can optionally leave this field blank and choose to sort the media outlets alphabetically.
- Always Include: Regardless of location, this item will always appear in the list of results.
Click on "Media" from your admin account area after logging into RaiseDonors. Now that you have the .csv file created from step 1, you can upload the file by selecting your file and then clicking the upload button. Note, if you have existing media data uploaded in RaiseDonors, this will NOT replace that data.
You are presented with a screen to match the data in your .csv file with the data that RaiseDonors needs; this is the data-mapping feature. You'll see a line for "Name" along with a drop down list next to it. The drop down list is populated with the column headings from your .csv. You need to tell RaiseDonors, which column in your .csv is to be used as the "Name". Do this for each subsequent data field.
When you are finished, click the button to preview your data mapping.
You'll now see a preview of the data you've uploaded. If you approve of the example table, click the "Save & Commit Mappings" button, which will upload the data into RaiseDonors' system.
If you need to correct a mistake, just make the appropriate changes and click the "preview data" button again, until everything is correct. And then click the "Save & Commit Mappings" button.
You are now finished. For each page you create in RaiseDonors, you'll be presented with a choice of including/not-including a media attribution feature on the donation page. If you opt to have it included, RaiseDonors will keep track of the attribution for every donation associated with this page.